The Relevance of Vedanta in this Modern Age of Civilization
Gangolly, D. B.
Edition 1 | pp 1 - 67 | 1988
- (A) Vedanta Alone is the Panacea for the `Scourge' of Civilization
- 1. The Validity of Vedanta
- 2. For Vedanta Universal Intuitive Experience Alone is the Prime Foundation or Substrate
- 3. The Present Subject-Matter For Deliberation
- 4. What Goes by the Name of `Civilization' is in Truth A `Malady'
- 5. The Cause of the Disease
- 6. Is Vedanta Alone the Solution for the Scourge of Civilization ?
- 7. Symptoms of the Disease
- 8. A General Perspective of Our Empirical Dealings
- 9. Whatever Wealth it may be, It is Not Permanent
- 10. Desire, Hatred and Lust and Their Respective Counter-Measures
- (B) Benefits Accruing from the Vedantic Viewpoint
- 11. Competition, Speed and Modern Appliances
- 12. Disadvantages or the Ill Effects Produced by Machines
- 13. The Modern Civilization Has Become a Veritable Hell
- 14. The Help That Can Accrue to us from `Realized Souls'
- 15. Bookish Knowledge is not Enough Practice is Essential
- 16. Our Knowledge is Full of Defects or Blemishes
- 17. The Viewpoint of Vedantins
- 18. ``All this is Brahman Alone''
- 19. The Beneficial Fruits or Results that Accrue from Assiduous Faith in the Vedantic Teachings
- 20. The Indirect or External Knowledge of Brahman
- 21. `I' Notion is the Guise that Atman or the Self Puts on in The Empirical Sphere
- 22. One Gets Blissful in Establishing Oneself in Paramaatman or the Supreme Self
- 23. Spiritual Discipline
- 24. To Experience the Bliss or Happiness of Brahman or The Supreme Self Everyone has Equal Right
- (C) Everything is Full of Brahman or Pure Consciousness